Ad sense html

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

West African Cooking Heating up my Kitchen


Can't wait to transform this plantain
I belong to a book group whose theme is "we read to eat". Each month we read a book and then cook a meal that corresponds to the book - it is loads of fun and creates great opportunities for gathering, eating and laughing. Over the past 9 years we have traveled all over the world through books and this month we are reading "The Witch Doctor's Wife" by Tamar Myers which means we are visiting West Africa...yippiee! I returned from Ghana recently with a suitcase filled with spices, cookbooks and several cooking lessons so I am all ready to go.

After a trip to the local grocery store where I found these plaintain I settled on Kelewele, one of my favs: a spicy, flavorful fried sliced plaintain - it makes my mouth water just to think about it. I can't wait to get cooking tomorrow adn I especially can't wait to get eating. Stay tuned for completed food photos and recipe. From my table to yours...enjoy.

Click here for more on my latest trip to Ghana

No comments:

Post a Comment